Our guest houses are located in the comarca Ribera d’Ebre, in the south of Catalonia. This region has not yet been spoiled by mass tourism. You will therefore find cheap restaurants, quiet villages and beautiful nature.
A number of activities this area is perfect for:
- Water sports
The Via Verde is an old railway that has never been used as such. To give it a useful function, this railway has been transformed into a cycling and walking path. The cycling route from Horta de Sant Joan to Xerta is recommended. Along the way you can enjoy beautiful nature, impressive views and nice stops to have a swim, relax or eat and drink. As you cycle downhill, it is not an intensive route and suitable for all ages.
About 30 minutes from Mas de Muntaner by car you will find both child-friendly and wide sandy beaches as well as quiet pebble bays surrounded by rocks, where you can snorkel. Due to the wide range of beaches there is a good chance that, especially in the early and late season, you can still enjoy the beach and the sea almost by yourself.
Places of interest
- Tivissa: well-preserved old center with narrow streets leading to the church with beautiful views of the area
- Llaberia: via a paved winding road you drive through beautiful nature towards the village of Llaberia on top of the mountain. This village officially has only one inhabitant. From Llaberia you can make beautiful walks and you can also visit the weather station.
- Miravet: pottery village & medieval castle
- Mora d’Ebre: historic center with narrow streets and castle. In the main street you will find various shops.
- El Pinell de Brai & Gandesa: villages with wine cathedral designed by Cèsar Martinell, pupil of Antoni Gaudí.
- Benifallet: the Meravelles caves
Larger cities & shopping
These cities can be reached by car, but also by train.
Many hiking and MTB routes are possible in the Burga valley, the mountains of Tivissa-Vandellós or in the Serres de Cardó-el Boix, directly from Mas de Muntaner. Larger nature reserves in the region are the Ebro Delta, Els Ports and the Priorat.
Amusement parks & museums
There are many ways to pass the time in the area. Below you will find some examples of theme parks and museums that can be visited:
- Railway Museum (Mora la Nova)
- Nuclear Power Plant Information Center (Ascó)
- Honey Museum (El Perelló)
- Rice Museum (Deltebre)
- Ecomuseum (Deltebre)
- Battle of the Ebro Memorial Museum (Gandesa)
- PortAventura (Salou/Tarragona)
- Ferrari Land (Salou/Tarragona)